Photo By: Deborah Beckwith
My goal is to help people achieve personal and career satisfaction. My clients are young adults who are exploring occupational and educational options, employees entering the workforce, those in midlife considering change, as well as employees who have been displaced from the workforce. I also assist managers and leaders understand how to enhance performance- their own, as well as their employees. I do this with individuals, in small groups and in larger trainings.
I bring my innate curiosity about the relationship between human behavior, career satisfaction, and organizational effectiveness to all of the work that I do. My training as a licensed clinical social worker allows me to think broadly about these relationships. Additionally, my years of experience as an EAP counselor have provided me with a unique perspective into the world of work across various industries: healthcare, education, government, hospitality, manufacturing, finance, higher education, retail. My style is warm and engaging and my workshops are designed to present material in a respectful and collaborative manner.
Examples of recent trainings, workshops and ongoing groups:
- Leadership Coaching using the Highlands Ability Battery: Individual and small group sessions for managers working at a Board of Education, a nonprofit health care setting and a municipality
- Promoting Civility and Improving Communication (400 participants in 20 trainings in 2019).
- Building the Team with the Building Team (the facilities department of a municipality)
- “Who You are Matters”: team building to reduce conflict in a health care setting
- “The Doctor is In: Managing Stress during a Pandemic.” (facilitated discussions in three essential work settings).
- Career Fitness: Staying Fit and Flexible in the World of Work.
- “On Your Mark, Get Set…” Online career coaching group for college students
- CT State Mandated Prevention of Sexual Harassment Training (3,000+ employees trained in person since 10/2019).
- Navigating Transitions in a Time of Change: L + M hospital, Yale New Haven Hospital, Pfizer Global Pharmaceutical.
- QPR: Question, Persuade, Refer: A Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training (educators, resort facility workers, community organizations).
- Support Group for Unemployed Midlife Adults.
- Sound Career Services, Personal and Career Consulting, 1997-present
- United Services, Inc. Manager of Employee Assistance and Wellness Services, 2016-present
- Hospice of Southeastern CT, Director of Social Work, 2014-2015
- L + M Hospital, Employee Assistance Program counselor, 1999-2005
- Adjunct Professor, Iona College, Eastern CT State University, LaGuardia Community College, Mitchell College, 1995-2016
- College Counseling Center, Rhode Island College, 2015-2016
- MSW, Smith College School of Social Work, 1986.
- B.S., University of Connecticut, 1982.
- Highlands Company, Highlands Ability Battery Certification, 2016
- Who You Are Matters, Certified Trainer, 2015
- National Career Development Association Certified Career Counselor, 2015
- Strong Interest Inventory and MBTI Certification, CPP, 1997
- New Haven Institute of Psychodrama, training, 2005-2011
- State of CT, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, 1997-present
Liz has been a joy to work with and I unequivocally recommend her for any clinical or corporate endeavor which aims to transform companies and lives in positive ways